So let’s bring on the Wacky!!! In honor of our very Wacky Author and Friend, Dr Seuss.
You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.
I personally think that WACKY teachers are the happiest teachers!
Here’s how you can bring more wacky to your classroom:
1.Transform your classroom into a WACKY place!
- Like an entire rainforest! With a big tree and vines in the middle.
- An African Safari, the jeeps are the desks.
- Build a river in your classroom that flows from one end to the other.
2. Do a wacky dance with students.
3. Dress up every chance you get.
- Or bring in a wacky friend who’ll dress up for your students.
- One time I had my MOM come to my kinder class dressed as Zero the Hero’s wife.
4. Sing your directions or use an wacky accent.
5. Find wacky pictures of yourself as a youngster and share with your students.
6. Wacky Wednesday is great for everything goes wacky!
- Turn your daily schedule backwards.
7. Ron Clark has a gargantuan slide that is front and center at the school entrance. Wacky!
- What could you do?
- A maze?
- A punching bag in the principal’s office?
- A disco ball in your classroom?!?!
8. Lesson Plan For Wacky.
- Every week pencil in some wacky fun.
9. Don’t be wacky alone.
- Bring your colleagues into the fun.
- Dressing up is more fun when you do it in pairs or plan a team photo shoot.
Do you have any ideas that I left out. PLEASE let me know in the comments below!
You’re the Wacky Happy Teacher who is making the school year SPECIAL.
Special for students AND special for YOU TOO! Make some memories!
Does this feel out of your comfort zone? That is why you need to plan and get others to join in. There is power in numbers. Part of the fun is planning the wacky.
When was the last time you did something whacky?
100th day of school? School talent show?
Dress up as a Book Character?
Crazy hair day?
If you can’t think of more than three times, it’s time to step up your wacky game.
Get Wacky Happy.