Are you willing to challenge yourself?
Are you interested in students thriving?
Are you ready for your life to be enriched and change beyond measure?
Here’s the scoop. A teacher, just like you, has concocted a SECRET SAUCE.
A secret sauce to empower you, your students, and your school.
The creator of this secret sauce formula is a teacher goddess.
You can call her, Kim Bearden.
Listen to this blog post on the go! Want more Happy Teacher Podcast Episodes? CLICK HERE
You’ve probably heard of her. She’s one of the founders of the Ron Clark Academy. Ya know, no big deal ; ) She also wrote the popular book, Crash Course.
Read it? Haven’t read it? No problem.
Think of Crash Course like Kim’s Secret Sauce Recipe Book for teacher success.
The book is filled with her poignant, fun, and engaging stories as a teacher and parent. You really get inside her mind to see what makes her tick, her values, her personal beliefs.
I personally am FASCINATED by what makes the Ron Clark Academy such a thriving school.
She spills the beans.
Here’s just some of her secret sauce recipes for success.
- Believe All students are gifted and dig to find a student’s special talents.
- Celebrate differences and cultures. Race is a topic of conversation.
- Transform the student’s perception of themselves by identifying their greatness.
- Send a message to students: I see you, you will not be invisible, you belong.
- Improvise when things do not work as planned.
- Strive to eliminate any student fears.
- Free up time to be more present and loving to students, family and staff. How? Staying organized is a priority, which frees up time.
- Know every student by name, a high priority for everyone on campus.
Do your students:
- Understand the importance of serving others.
- Exhibit manners and respect.
- Leave the school knowing that they’ve left a positive legacy.
- Perform for others, taking center stage, sharing their talents, ideas, and passions.
- Communicate effectively and are bold and embrace all of life’s opportunities.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
Does your school:
- Vibrate with JOY! Your staff and students create a magical place to learn.
- Encourage PLAY, a purity of silliness and interaction just for the sake of having joyful experiences with one another. Don’t take yourself seriously.
- Acknowledge students who exhibit academic success and exhibit integrity of character by presenting them with a coveted prize.
- Send a message to students and staff to seek out individuals who feed their soul and make them a better person.
- Schedule teacher visits to every home of all new students before school starts.
I want your opinion. Leave a comment below:
- Do you think these are worthy expectations?
- Would these expectations be a real stretch for your school, for your staff? Does your school have the secret sauce?
Now, I recommend you read the book. It’s a quick read and worth your time. Lots more secret sauce that I didn’t include in this post. Make it a staff book club read for sure!
Love and Happiness,